Lorain County Community College will host information sessions for the Retooling Adults for Manufacturing Pathways (RAMP) program. RAMP offers short-term 10-16 week programs especially geared for those in transition or unemployed.
Information sessions will be held:
- 10 a.m., Tuesday, July 25
- 10 a.m., Thursday, July 27
Ohio Means Jobs Lorain County
42495 N. Ridge Road
- 10 a.m. Wednesday, August 9
RAMP Career Options:
• Computer aided design technician
• Right Skills Now-computer numerical control
• General technician
• Industrial electrical technician
• Industrial mechanical technician
• Maintenance technician
• Foundation for manufacturing careers
• Micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) or mechatronics technology
• Industrial safety technology/technician
• Welding and welding: non-destructive testing
Short term technical certificates, one year technical certificates and associate degrees are available, as well as internships.
Employer demand in Ohio for entry-level workers has nearly doubled since the end of 2014 and is expected to have a seven percent growth rate through 2022 with nearly 8,000 annual job openings. Financial assistance may be available for those in transition or unemployed.
RSVP at http://www.lorainccc.edu/ramp or call (440)366-4833 or (440)366-7737 for more information.