Learn about career opportunities in manufacturing and the training needed to prepare for one of these careers at several upcoming information sessions:
Advanced Manufacturing Open House (all programs)
Thursday, December 1 at 10 a.m.
Nord Advanced Technologies Center, room 118
LCCC Main Campus, Elyria
Manufacturing Readiness, Right Skills Now CNC, Maintenance Technician Programs
Tuesday, December 6 at 2 p.m.
Lorain Learning Center at City Center, room 101
201 West Erie, Lorain
Right Skills Now CNC, Maintenance Technician and Construction Programs
Thursday, December 8 at 5:30 p.m.
Lorain County JVS, Quarry Room A
To learn more about RAMP training programs, call (440) 366-4833 or (440) 366-7737 or visit www.lorainccc.edu/rampup.
Tuition assistance, incentive plans and scholarships may be available if you qualify.
RAMP training is available in:
- Computer Aided Design Technician
- Computer Aided Machining/Machining Manufacturing Processes
- Right Skills Now—Computer Numerical Control
- General Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Electrical Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician—Automation Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Readiness
- Micro-Electromechanical Systems (MEMS), Mechatronics Technology
- Occupational Safety
- Welding—Non-Destructive Testing
“These RAMP trainings help close the skills gap for entry-level positions needed by manufacturers to increase growth and production,” said Peggy Michener, director of Workforce and Business Solutions at LCCC. “These entry-level positions are a substantial portion of the available jobs in Ohio. Despite the increased demand, too few individuals are gaining the skills they need – foundational employability or technical skills in order to begin working for Ohio manufacturers.”
The benefits of a RAMP training program include:
- Short-term, 10-16 week programs
- Industry credentials with value in the workplace
- Industry partners engaged by providing paid internships and work-based learning opportunities
- Career pathways to advancement and degrees
Learn more at www.lorainccc.edu/rampup.